It's almost that time again to get everything ready for the kids to go back to school! Sometimes this transition can be stressful especially if your little one is headed to preschool for the first time.
However, the Centers for Disease Control has provided us with 7 simple positive parenting tips that you can do to help your preschooler during this time!
Positive Parenting Tips:
- Continue to read to you child. Nurture their love for books by taking them to the library or bookstore.
- Allow them to help you with simple chores.
- Promote the value of friendship and sharing by encouraging your children to play with others.
- Be consistent with discipline. Make sure you are showing them and explaining the behavior you expect from them clearly.
- Help your child with communication skills by talking with them in complete sentences and using "grown up" words.
- Help navigate your child through the solving problem steps when they are upset.
- Offer your child a limited amount of simple choices (example: deciding what to wear, when to play, and what to eat for a snack)
As children head into early childhood, their world begins to open up. They will become more independent, exploring and asking more about things, and their interactions with family and those who are around them will help shape their personality. You can make this a fun, easy transition by implementing the parenting tips in your life!