Fall is right around the corner! In just a couple more days you can officially start enjoying all of your favorite fall traditions.Fall is my absolute favorite season. The leaves are changing colors, the weather is starting to get cooler, football season has just started, and I can start getting ready for my favorite holiday: Halloween. It doesn't get much better than that!
It is also the prime season for family fun. Here are some ideas for you and your family to do together this season:
- Visit a pumpkin patch and have fun picking out the perfect pumpkin for your family
- Have fun exploring a corn maze or going on a hayride. You can find a pumpkin patch or corn maze that is close to your home by visiting this website.
- The weather is beautiful; enjoy being outside and go on a family bike ride or hike
- Make a bird feeder. All you need to do is cover a pine cone in peanut butter, and then have your child roll the pine cone in birdseed. Hang it outside near a window and enjoy watching the birds come eat off of it.
- Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are my favorite treat to eat in the fall. If you love pumpkin just as much as I do try one of these other delicious pumpkin recipes.
- Go on a Fall Nature Photo Scavenger Hunt with your children
- Have a camp-out in your own backyard and make s’mores
- Take a trip to an orchard and go apple picking
- Make this yummy smelling pumpkin pie play dough for your children to play with
- Bob for apples. Afterwards, you can make these tasty caramel apples!
- Jump in a big pile of leaves and take lots of pictures!
- Take a drive through the canyon and look at all the beautiful colors
There are so many other fun activities to do and places to visit during the fall! What’s your favorite fall family tradition?