We currently have 1 playgroup held at the South Franklin Community Center
Where: 770 South 700 West, Provo, UT 84601
When: Every Friday, 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
Children need to be children, so let them play and explore new things with you! Playgroups can be benificial in many ways, one of which is that children are able to stregthen their social skills. Parents can share experiences and gain support. In the past few playgroups, we've had a great turn out. Provo has a lot of diversity and we were able to see that a couple of weeks ago when we had five different languages at playgroup. Come join the fun and build relationships while gaining ideas for great activities!
If you can't come to Playgroup, try some of these ideas at home.
Here are a few!
Butterfly Paint Fun:
- Fold the butterfly in half vertically.
- Have washable paint ready for children to pour onto the paper (different colors make for great designs)
- Once the paint is on half of the butterfly, fold it and press down on the paper so the paint gets on both sides.
- Open the paper up and let dry.
- Staple pipe cleaners on for the antennas and enjoy your creation
Butterfly Peanut Butter Snack:
- Cut a piece of bread horizontally after peanut butter has been spread over it.
- Turn the 2 pieces facing out.
- Put a carrot in the middle (For the butterfly's body)
- Sprinkle raisins (or anything you would like on it) on the bread for fun.
- Take out a few slices of any type of bread.
- Make a little hole towards the top of the slice.
- Sting yarn through the whole and tie a knot (so you can hang it up).
- Spread peanut butter on one side.
- Sprinkle birdseed over the peanut butter.
- Hang up your bird feeder on a tree branch.
Check out some other shapes!