Tools and Materials
-Needle nose pliers or wire cutters
-16 gauge copper wire, cut to 9" lengths
-72 buttons for each wreath
-Satin ribbon, 1/8" wide and 6" long
-Seam binding for decorative bow
1) Using pliers, make a small loop at on end of the wire.
2) Thread buttons onto the wire until you have enough to form the size of the wreath you want. Our wreaths are 2 1/2" in diameter.
3) Using pliers, bend the plain end of the wire around the looped end. This will form the wreath.
4) Use the satin ribbon to make a loop for hanging the wreath; tie the ribbon in a knot about 3" above the wreath.
5) Tie a bow of seam binding to decorate the wreath.
Candy Cane Ornament
-5 1/2" long red and white pipe cleaners
-Green pipe cleaner
-Hot glue gun
-Glass beads (optional)
-Small ornament (optional)
1) Twist together 5 1/2" red and white pipe cleaners.
2) Make sure the stripes of the combined red-and-white stem are neatly spaced
3) Curl the top into a hook. Bend a 3" length green pipe cleaner at 1/2" intervals to shape a holly leaf. Hot-glue the leaf in place, then hot-glue on a cluster of glass beads for berries, or tie on a ribbon threaded with a small ornament.
-5 peppermint candies
-5 red cinnamon candies or mints
-6" long twine
1) Lay five or so peppermint candies in a circle to form a wreath.
2) Bond candy sides together with icing.
3) Adorn front with cinnamon candies or mints.
4) Let dry for two hours before hanging. Loop twine around ornament; knot.