|The Golden Temple in Amritsar, India|
Here are some other fun facts about me!
- I have a goal of visiting 20 countries before I turn 20 years old. I am visiting my 19th country this summer (Australia) and have to go to one more before next February! A lot of people ask me what my favorite country has been but I don’t have an answer! I love them all!
- If I count all my full, step, half, and in-law siblings, I have 18 of them! I also have 15 nieces and nephews.
- My top 5 favorite books are To Kill a Mockingbird, A Thousand Splendid Suns, the Harry Potter Series (yes it counts as one book for this purpose), Jane Eyre, and anything by Rainbow Rowell!
- I have been on three humanitarian trips to Peru, Nepal, and India! My favorite activities while volunteering internationally have been teaching English to school children in Peru and teaching a group of 10 women in Nepal how to sew pillowcase dresses!
- I HATE ketchup. For some reason, the smell and taste really get to me and I can’t even wash dishes that have ketchup on them without gagging. This proves to be a problem as my family LOVES ketchup and they put it on everything!
- My stepdad has a service dog named Monkey that is a labradoodle. He wanted to get an actual service monkey, but my mom wouldn’t let him so they compromised and got a dog and named him Monkey. I didn't like dogs before we got Monkey when I was 17, but now I love them!
|My Best Buddy, David!|
- I student-direct a program with the Bennion Service Center at the University of Utah called Best Buddies! We match people with intellectual disabilities with students at the U to become lifelong “buddies”! It is one of the true joys in my life!
- When not working or going to school, I like to ski, hike, and go to CrossFit classes!
- My guilty pleasure is Skinny Pop popcorn and Amano Dos Rios dark chocolate bars (if you have never had Amano dark chocolate, I suggest you take a tour of their factory in Orem, your life will forever be changed!).
Do you have any more questions for me? Just leave them in the comments and I would love to answer them!