Confession: I am 24 years old, and I am obsessed with bath time. I love baths for me, I love baths for cute babies, I love the bubble baths, I love reading in the bath.... I just love it all! Bath time can be a great way to wind down the day OR keep the kiddos entertained. Here are some bathing tips to make bath time go as smoothly as possible:
Preparing Your Baby's Bath
- Plan for your baby's bath. Get everything ready before you start the bath. This makes bathing your baby easier and safer.
- If you can, turn down your water heater to 120 degrees. Babies can get scalded easily. Fill the sink or tub you're going to bathe your baby in with warm water. Always test the water with your wrist or elbow. The water should be comfortably warm, not hot.
- Make sure you have everything you need for the bath. You can keep mild soap, cotton balls and a clean diaper in a shoebox or other container. Then you can bring the box in with the towel and washcloth to the room where you bathe your baby. When everything is ready, get your baby.
- Never leave your baby or toddler alone in water. If you forget an item, the phone rings, or someone is at the door, you will have to carry your baby with you or just ignore it.
- Bath tub crayons- I kid you not, I want these for me! You could pull these out as a special surprise, or for entertainment on long rainy day. Find them here.
- Glowsticks- Snap 'em, and throw 'em in. You might want to bring a book into the bathroom with you because your kids will be entertained for hours.
- Rubber duckies- kids do not need all the bells and whistles of expensive toys; they can be fully entertained by a dollar store rubber ducky that squirts water, or a plastic cup to dumb water. You can keep it simple and it will still be fun.
- Fizz balls or bath bombs- These come in all different colors, shapes and sizes, and they smell great!
- Finally, you can get in the tub with them!! They just might think this is the greatest thing ever and it is a great way to bond and connect with your child.
Do you have more ideas on how to make bath time fun and stress-free? Post below so we can add to our ideas!