Before each visit, you should pay attention to the following:
- Sleep habits: How is your child sleeping during the day and at night, and for how long?
- Bowel Movements: How many does he/she have per day?
- Feeding: What is he/she eating and how often?
- Physical Development: Is he/she rolling, crawling, standing, walking?
- Language Development: What sounds does he/she make or what words does she say?
- Social Development: Does he/she smile, laugh, and respond to you? Does he/she play with you, by themselves, or with others
- Red Flags: Is there anything that concerns you about your child or his/her development?
To make the doctor's visit go as smoothly as possible, consider taking the following things with you:
- A favorite toy or books
- A snack and drink
- Extra wipes and diapers
- Your list of questions for the doctor
- Your child's immunization card